Saturday, April 13, 2013

SPL

It was almost 11pm yesterday, and I decided to drive my lonely ass to Starbucks to get a nice, hot cup of Caramel Macchiato and a fruit & nut bar. It was drizzling at that time, and when I got into my car, I took a sip of my drink and just thought, what a perfect night it was. It was just a simple cup of coffee, on a (sort of) rainy day, and at that moment, I felt contented. As I was driving home, I started to think of more simple pleasures in life, which then lead me to this blog post.. So, here's my version of my simple pleasures in life. (:


1. Water.
They say, "The best things in life are free." and "You'll never know how much something means to you, until it's taken away." or something along those lines. It's true. The water supply in Ampang (the place I live in, which is really, really huge. As huge as Kuala Lumpur) has been cut off due to a burst pipe. And about half a million of us are going to live without water supply for the next 5 days. My mum bought a huge bottle of water, so I could at least use it to wash my face, my feet (I need them to be clean all the time) and to brush my teeth. Water isn't exactly free, but my family pays a maximum of 2 Ringgit a month, so technically, it is free.. The minute I got to my aunt's place to shower, oh god water.. Sweet, heavenly water.. 

2. Sleeping in on a rainy day.
Imagine, waking up in the morning to the muffled sounds of thunder,  the pitter-patter of raindrop, smiling to yourself, and going back to sleep? I always loved it when it rains. Sleeping automatically becomes more interesting when it's raining. 

3. Cuddle weather. With someone to cuddle with.
Isn't that what everyone longs for?! A cuddle weather. WITH someone to cuddle with! On a cold or rainy day, you and your partner are lying in bed or on the couch, wrapped tightly under a blanket, munching a bag of junk food away, while watching a sappy movie? 

4. Putting your parking ticket into the autopay machines, few minutes before the rate increases.
Yessssss. This happens a lot to me in college. Normally, I try to go in as late as possible (but somehow I'm always on time), and leave as early as possible. The parking in school is just ridiculously expensive, and me being me, I never liked walking or going the extra mile.. So, imagine, if you were to be 1 or even 5 minutes late, and you gotta pay the extra 3 ringgit for that few extra minutes? It drives me insane. 

5. Cooking something and it actually taste good.. 
See, I'm not exactly good at cooking, and it's pretty embarrassing coming from a girl. Being Asian, and a girl, I SHOULD be good at cooking. I can cook, no doubt, but my skills are terrible. At times, I can cook something and it'll taste really good, but at times, it's just really bad but I still have to eat it just so I don't waste, and hopefully enhance my technique/recipe the next time. So, when I actually do cook something which tastes good, I feel very happy. My tummy feels happy too. :D

I guess that's it for now.. I'll probably continue more later on. Goodnight! :D

No comments: